Create a MySQL Database
- Log into cPanel.
- Under Databases, click MySQL Databases.
- In the New Database field, type a name for the database and click Create Database.
- Click Go Back.The new database will appear in the Current Databases table.
Create a Database User
- Click Jump to MySQL Users in the top-right corner of the page.
- Under Add New User, enter a username.
- Enter a password in the Password field. For help generating a strong password, click the Generate Password button.
- Retype the password in the Password (Again) field.
- Click Create User.
Define a User's Privileges
Privileges determine how a user is able to interact with the database. For example, privileges will dictate whether or not the user can add and delete information.
Assign Privileges to Database User
- Under Add User to Database, select a user from the User drop-down menu.
- From the Database drop-down menu, select the database to which you wish to allow the user access.
- Click Add.
- From the MySQL Account Maintenance screen, select the privileges you wish to grant the user, or select ALL PRIVILEGES.
Click Make Changes.